Several French companies have participated in the “France-Libya Healthcare Day” organized in Tripoli in November this year to exchange with the Libyan officials and contribute to the reconstruction of the Libyan health system, paving the way for improved cooperation between the two countries.
The event, organised by French Healthcare Association and Medef International, under the auspices of the Libyan Deputy Prime Minister and Acting Minister of Health, H.E. lng. Ramadan Abu Janah, was made possible thanks to the impetus given by H.E. Mustafa Mihraje, French Ambassador in Libya, and the indispensable support of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Libyan International Cooperation.
The France-Libya Healthcare Day was organised around conferences, workshops and meetings, aimed to foster discussion around concrete solutions according to the country’s priorities in health development.
French Ambassador Mostafa Mihraje referred to the event as a ‘’success’’, adding that ‘‘Many French companies have responded to contribute to the reconstruction of the Libyan health system.’’
These days were also hailed as the starting point for a long collective effort with the international community, the European Union and the African Union aimed at finding solutions and removing obstacles to overcome crises and create a favorable climate for stability.
The Libyan and French parties will also sign a memorandum of understanding on the development of the health sector in Libya, under the auspices of the French Healthcare Association.
Libyan officials have also been invited to meet French companies during the next French Healthcare Innovation & Business Forum which will take place in September 2023.
Speakers and topics discussed during the “France-Libya Healthcare Day”
- H.E. Busheha Souhel, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Economy
- H.E. Omar Keti, Under-Secretary for Organizational Affairs and International Cooperation
- MP Mohammad Reid, President of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Video of H.E Olivier Becht, French Minister of Foreign Trade
- Introductory speech by H.E. Mustafa Mihraje, Ambassador of France
- Speech on Franco-Libyan health cooperation, Johanna Lerfel, General Delegate, French Healthcare Association
- Welcome speech by H.E. Rumdan Abujnah, Vice-President of the Government of National Unity and Minister of Health
PRESENTATION OF THE HEALTH SECTOR
- Health System Development – Dr Adel Eldeeb
- Disease management – Dr Haider Sayeh
- Medical Education – Dr. Abdulhalim Shebani
- Private sector development
SUSTAINABLE FINANCING OF THE HEALTH SYSTEM
- Health System Financing – Mohamed Mustafa Mussaddiq, Central Bank of Libya
- Management of international flows – Youssef Ben Henda, UBAF
- Financing and credit management – Suzanne Cahuzac, Pierre Fabre
SANOFI PARTNERSHIP PROJECTS
LOGISTICS & SUPPLY: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Distribution and inventory management – Dr Abdelaziz Chammam, Head of MSO (Medical Supply Organisation)
- Supply Chain Management Challenges and Opportunities – Slaheddine Maddouri, Supply Chain Manager Sanofi Morocco, Tunisia and Libya
SHAPING LIBYAN REGULATION AND MARKET ACCESS
- Exchange with Pierre Fabre and speaker from the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices department
- Khaled LAOUITI – General Manager Cluster North Africa
- Hassen JAZIRI – Export Manager
SUSTAINABLE MEDICAL WASTE MANAGEMENT
- CSSD Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Prevention – Dr. Abdulhalim Shebani, Director General and Executive Director of Tripoli University Hospital
- Preventing waste contamination – Nasser Achta, Bertin
MEDICAL TRAINING IN FRANCE
- Jean-Yves Gal, Servier
Speakers – Sanofi:
• Jean Baptiste BREGEON
• Thinus MARAIS
ONCOLOGY: THE LATEST INNOVATIONS
Speakers – Servier :
• Des MURPHY (visio)
CHRONIC DISEASE: THE ROLE OF FDCS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
Speakers – Servier :
• Richard AZENCOTH (visio)
French Healthcare Association was founded with the aim of bringing together French players in the health sector and promoting their excellence internationally.
Discover our founding members and the 280+ members of French Healthcare Association.
Benefit from the power of our network and the use of the brand to promote your business internationally.
Discover our exclusive events in France and abroad.